Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Artichoke and vinaigrette

Gotta love Facebook! A friend of mine asked me for an artichoke recipe to cook those she harvested from her garden. I gave her a link for a recipe and told her my artichoke plant wasn't so good and I got none! That's when my beautiful friend Eley told me she had plenty in her garden and I could have some! Beauty!! So, here I am with a few organic artichokes!
The following recipe is a favourite from my childhood, simple and healthy. It was a Sunday night dinner in our household.



Artichoke

Ingredients

*        4 artichokes
*        vinaigrette

How to
In a big saucepan, bring some salted water to the boil (enough water to cover the artichokes).
Put the artichoke in and cook for about 30 minutes. When you can pull the outside leaves easily, they are cooked.
Serve with a vinaigrette.


 

2 comments:

  1. ohhh who could it be !?! LOL
    love them, but instead of boiling them I steam them . with some lemon ( from the garden too ) in the water.
    and homemade mayonnaise... yeaahh I know that is not good at all for my diet !
    Still few more on the plant for next week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another Artichoke recipe to uplaod (stuffed with ham, mushrooms and bechamel). I'll try to do it today.

    ReplyDelete