Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Natural dog Shampoo

This one is not edible but it was so good, it needed to be shared.
One of my dog (Bull arab X Bull Mastiff) was suffering from dry skin. He was permanently scratching and looked bothered.  We changed his diet, gave him Organic Flaxseed oil but it wasn't improving.
We (as a family) try to limit our chemical use and replace as much as we can with natural products. So we thought we would look into a natural shampoo to help our poor pooch.
Here is the recipe I used (apart from Tea Tree oil as I ran out of it):



Dog Shampoo (dry skin)

Ingredients
*        2 cups of water (or infused Camomille tea)
*        1/2 cup of dishwashing liquid (I use the Earth brand)
*        1/2 cup of white vinegar (skin PH)
*        1/4 cup of Aloe Vera gel
*        1/4 cup of Glycerin
*        1 tsp of Tea Tree oil
*        6 drops of Lavender oil

How to
Mix all the ingredients together.
Wet the dog first. Rub some shampoo onto the skin and lather.
Rinse thoroughly and dry your lovely smelling puppy.
 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Shampoo For Pets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dazy! I should be updating this blog a lot more often ;-)

    ReplyDelete