Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Monday 5 November 2012

Roasted Beetroots

This morning, I woke up to a 13 degrees house and more rain...while the garden is loving it, I've decided to make the best of being stuck indoors. The oven will be working today (It was actually the second thing I've switched on after the kettle)
Let's move on to our Beetroots (organic and grown locally)...
Because the beetroots take a while to cook, make a bigger batch (have some warm with your roast and the leftover in a salad for lunch the following day)



Roasted Beetroots


Ingredients (4)

*        2 beetroots (about 450g)
*        2 thyme sprigs (or a pinch of dried)
*        1 tbsp of Macademia oil (or walnut, olive...)
*        1/2 tbsp of honey (optional)
*        Salt and pepper

How to

Peel the beetroots and cut them into quarter. Take each quarter and cut them in 3 (segment)
In a medium size bowl, put the beetroots, thyme, oil, (honey) and season. If you have time, let this sit for a little while (30 minutes)
Arrange the beetroots on a baking tray
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes  at 200C (or until cooked)



No comments:

Post a Comment