Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Thursday 22 November 2012

Salade Nicoise

Another hot day today, summer is on its way!
I have some baby new potatoes from the vegie patch and I have the perfect recipe for them. If you don't have baby potatoes, any other potatoes will do!
This salad is easy to do, doesn't require much cooking and is always popular at gatherings.



Salade Nicoise

Ingredients (4 serves)


*        400g of Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size
*        150g of green beans
*        100g of black olives
*        200g of cherry tomatoes
*        3 hard boiled eggs
*        Tuna
*        a few anchovies
*        a handful of Basil leaves
*        Apple cider Vinaigrette (or olive oil+balsamic vinegar)
*        Salt and pepper

How to
Cut the potatoes in bite size cubes and cook them in boiling water. Once cooked, put them into a bowl of icy cold water to stop the cooking process (and stop the potatoes going mushy).
Do the same with the green beans and cut them in 3 or 4.
Put all the ingredients (but the eggs) in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and mix well but gently.
Cut the eggs in quarters (lengthwise) and put them around the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment