Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Thursday 15 November 2012

Assiette de crudites

The weather is getting warmer over here! As  much as I love the heat, when the temperature outside reaches 30 /35 C, I do not feel like eating hot food or standing in front of a cooker. So, recipes involving raw vegetables are just perfect (and super healthy!)
When I grew up, most restaurants in France had "Assiette de crudites" (raw vegetables platter) on their menu. They usually consist of tomatoes, grated carrots, radishes, beetroots, salad, capsicums...served with a vinaigrette.
Playing with colors and presentation will be even more appealing.
Here is the starter I made for my family with what I had in the fridge: tomatoes, cucumber and carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment