Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Monday 5 November 2012

Quinoa, oyster mushrooms and wilted spinach

About a week ago, I bought a (Oyster) mushroom growing kit (Pleurotes for my fellows French) from the Swan Valley Gourmet Fungi


My first taste was with homemade butter and a bit of garlic...loved the flavours! here is what I made for dinner...




Quinoa with Sautéed Mushrooms and Spinach

Ingredients
*        1 cup quinoa
*        1 and 1/2 cup of chicken stock
*        1/2 cup of white wine
*        15 / 20g of butter
*        150g of oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped + 25g
*        3 handful of spinach, washed
*        1 garlic clove, finely chopped
*        salt and pepper to taste

How to
In a sieve, rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
In a frying pan, melt the butter and sautee 150g of mushrooms with the garlic. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and set aside.
In the same pan, pour some of the stock and cook the spinach until wilted (soft). Set aside.
Still in the same pan, put the drained Quinoa and add the remaining stock, wine and the extra 25g of oyster mushroom. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 to 25 minutes.
When the Quinoa is cooked, add the sauteed mushrooms (keep a few for presentation if you wish) and the spinach.
Serves 4.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment