Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Monday 5 November 2012

Avocado, beetroots, grapefruit and spinach salad

So, I roasted some beetroots this morning for a reason...I wanted to try a salad (as usual, a cross between a few recipes and what I had in my vegie patch) but mainly inspired by Stephanie Alexander's one from Kitchen Garden Companion book (also my gardening bible)



Grapefruit, avocado, Beetroots and spinach salad

Ingredients: serve 4

*        2 roasted beetroots
*        1 large avocado, sliced lenghtwise
*        2 pink grapefruits (or blood orange), segmented
*        3 handful of spinach, washed
*        Roasted pine nuts or walnuts
*        1 tbsp of vinaigrette
*        Salt and pepper

How to:
Arrange the avocado on the plates, then the beetroot and grapefruit segments (alternate to contrast the colors).
In a mixing bowl, mix the salad and vinaigrette, then put on top of the beetroot and grapefruits.
Sprinkle with the pine nuts or walnuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment