Bonjour

Welcome to my blog!
I am a keen cook, mostly inspired by my French upbringing. My happy places are my kitchen and my garden.
I am very fortunate to run my own Cooking classes business from home.
My aim is to get people who don't cook much (or not at all) back in the kitchen, reduce processed food and use fresh and local produce...leading to a healthier life and eating habits!

Sunday 4 November 2012

Lasagna

After the pasta dough....here is the Lasagnes recipe.
Because it's a bit time consuming, I used 1kg of minced beef and increased the other ingredients accordingly.  I made 2 lasagnes in foil containers in addition to the one I made for dinner (they will end up in the freezer for a later use)


Lasagnes

 Ingredients
*        600g of mince beef
*        200g of mushrooms
*        1 onion
*        2 cloves of Garlic
*        ½ cup of Beef stock
*        ½ cup of Red wine
*        30g of Tomato paste
*        1 tin of diced tomatoes or 150g of cherry tomatoes
*        1 pinch of thyme and 1 pinch of Oregano
*        Lasagnes sheets (fresh or dry)
*        1/2 cup of fresh basil (torn)
*        Grated cheese (Parmesan and or Cheddar)
*        ½ litre of Bechamel
­­

How to
Meat: 
Cook the onion, garlic, thyme in a frying pan for a few minutes (until soft) then add the mince beef. Add the red wine, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and beef stock. At last, add the basil.
TASTE and season accordingly.
In a deep oven proof dish, start with a layer of bechamel followed by pasta, then a layer of mince followed by pasta again. Keep going and finish by a layer of bechamel. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top. Cook in a preheated oven (180 C) for about 30 minutes (or when the cheese is golden). Put a knife or skewer through the lasagnes, it shouldn't be any resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment